With only 4 ingredients you can make these delicious and healthy cookies. The following recipe is base on every cup of butternut squash mash.
1 cup of butternut squash pureé (peeled, cut into chunks, and then boiled or baked)
2 cups of porridge oats
1/4 of granulated sugar cane or sweetener of choice
1 tsp of vanilla/almond essence (optional)
Pinch of salt
Optional: shredded coconut, cinnamon, chocolate chips, raisins, seeds, etc.
- Bake or boil until soft and tender the butternut squash chunks. By baking, it brings flavors up. If you choose to boil, you might need to add a bit more oats if the dough is too wet.
- With a food processor, make the pureé. Once done, add the other ingredients and mix just until well combined.
- Add any extra ingredient, mix to incorporate.
- Preheat oven at 350ºF/180ºC, and prepare a tray with baking sheet.
- Make small dough balls, and then flatten them on the tray.
- Bake for 12-15min. Flip the cookies, and bake for another 5-10min, or until golden brown.