Simple and easy stir-fry. You can prepare this dish with tempeh, soya chunks or tofu, and whatever veggie is available in the fridge. A fresh, filling, and tangy meal.
2 Tbsp of miso paste
1 Tbsp of ketchup, yes!, ketchup 😉
1 Tbsp of tomato paste
3 Tbsp of soy sauce
1/2 tsp of cracked black pepper
1/2 tsp of salt
Mix and combine all ingredients
1 tsp of corn starch dissolved in a 1/2 cup of water (prepare this separately)
Vegetable and tofu to go in the wok:
1 thumb of fresh ginger (finely chopped)
3 red chilies (small pieces)
1 bell pepper (chunks)
1 medium-size carrot (chunks)
250-300 g of tofu (cut in cubes)
1 small broccoli (pre-steamed)
Fresh cucumber (strips)
Romaine lettuce (to make wraps)
Fresh Coriander (finely chopped)
1 tsp of lime zest
1 tsp of finely grated ginger
1 Tbsp of lime juice
1 Tbsp rice vinegar, if not available replace with 2 tsp of white wine vinegar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp of sesame oil
1 Tbsp of sesame seeds
1/2 tsp chili flakes (optional)
1/2 tsp of sweetener (brown sugar, honey, apple syrup)
1/4 tsp salt
- In order to save time, here is a suggestion for the order of cooking processes:
- Start by cooking the rice of choice according to packages instructions.
- Prepare the sauce mix and set aside.
- Chop the veggies when you are already starting to heat the oil. Add the chopped veggies into the wok. If chopping takes long for you, then prepare all veggies and then start the cooking process ;-).
- Prepare toppings and dressing while stir-frying.
Stir-Fry in the Wok:
Add some oil, about 2 tbsp, into the wok, and cook on the highest heating setting. As you chop, add the ginger, chilies, and bell pepper into the wok. Allow then to char a bit. Add carrots. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Add tofu, stir-fry for 2 min. Add the sauce and broccoli. Let the sauce reach boiling temperature, and stir. Allow sauce to cook veggies, only a bit, for about 3-5 min. Add starchy water, and cook until the sauce becomes creamy, add more water or cook a bit longer in order to reach the desired consistency of the sauce. Check salt to taste.
Serve with plain jasmine rice and lots of raw toppings and tangy dressing. Enjoy!