This recipe is delicious and can be done with any root-vegetable or choice, beetroot, carrots, sweet potato, etc.
- 1 cup of dried chickpeas:
- Start by soaking 1 cup of chickpeas the previous day. Change the soaking water throughout that day, this will help for the gassy effects.
- The next day, drain and wash the soaked chickpeas and cook with new water and salt until soft. Once done, drain and reserve the water. It will be used, so we can use less oil.
- 1 small butternut squash:
3. Cut in chunks and coat with oil, salt, and hing (if not available, use 2 cloves of garlic, whole ones), and place everything on a baking tray. Roast until the squash is soft. Take the garlic out once browned.
4. In the food processor:
- Drained chickpeas
- Roasted butternut squash, and garlic if used
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3 tbsp of tahini
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 3/4 or 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp of brown sugar (optional)
- salt and olive oil to your taste
- chickpea water, use as much as needed to help the processor do its job.
5. Blend until the desired consistency.
6. For serving, topped with paprika, and olive oil.