Healthy Banana Oat Bites are easy to make and the perfect snack for the young and old alike. They are gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and made in less than 10 minutes. It's the perfect excuse to use those black ripe bananas that no one wants to have at home.
Portions: 5 to 6 bites
- 1 ripe medium-sized banana (preferably cold)
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp of crushed almonds
- 1 Tbsp of dark chocolate (chopped into small pieces)
- Pinch of salt and cinnamon
- For coating and crunchiness: shredded coconut / cereal flakes / cocoa powder / crushed peanut. You choose!
1. Mash up the bananas with a fork.
2. Stir in the rolled oats, almond chocolate chips, and cinnamon.
3. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a 1-inch ball.
4. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
5. Roll then through the shredded coconut, cereal crushed flakes, cocoa powder, or crushed peanut...?
5. Refrigerate for 2 hours or eat them straight away if the kids are impatient.