1. Pre-heat the oven at 190ºC.
2. Prepare Ingredients - Cutting:
- Sweet potato - diced (2cmx2cm)
- Red bell pepper - diced (1cmx1cm)
- Fresh garlic - Minced
- Cooking oil
- Oven Seasoning: salt, ground black pepper, dried oregano, coriander powder, and mustard seeds (it can be replaced by mustard sauce).
- Fresh Mint - chop and
3. Boil the Quinoa:
1 + ¼ cup of water for each cup of quinoa. You can use 1 single cup of water, but red quinoa takes longer than the yellow one, so we prefer to add a little more water. The cooking process is the same as the rice but without covering the pot.
- Use medium speed and stir to avoid burning.
4. In an oven tray:
- Coat the sweet potato with little oil + salt. Sprinkle some black pepper and oregano.
- Bake at 190ªC until soft and golden.
5. Sauté the flavors in a pan:
Heat oil in a large pan, medium-high heat. Add garlic, mustard seeds, coriander powder, peppers, and salt to taste. Sauté until the bell peppers become tender.
Add cooked quinoa and mix well. Turn the heat off.
Add baked sweet potato and stir gently.
Garnish with fresh mint.
- Tips to avoid a mess: Use a large pan. Quinoa somehow tends to jump out when you mix it with other ingredients.