Arepas are corn patties that be stuffed with fillings or eaten alone, making them a very healthy and versatile accompaniment to any meal. They are naturally Gluten Free and eaten daily for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
The word Arepa comes from the voice ‘erepa,’ which means maize for the indigenous people from South America.
Pre-Cooked White Maize Flour, onion flakes, chili flakes (2,4%), salt, cumin seeds, garlic powder.
Net Weight 330gr
Preparation and Usage
- 550ml of water
- 330gr Cornbread Flour Arepa Mix
How to prepare the arepa dough:
- Pour the water in a bowl and slowly add the cornbread mix
- Knead until smooth. Check salt and adjust if desired
- Allow the dough to rest for 5 min
- Add a couple of tablespoons of extra water just before shaping if the dough feels a bit hard, and knead
Shaping and cooking the arepas:
- To make the arepa, we suggest using a ⅓ measuring-cup (80-85gr)
- Make your hands wet just before shaping
- Shaping the arepa: Scoop a portion of dough and with your hands slightly wet, shape a ball with both hands
- Flatten the ball with both hands, and press edges to avoid cracks forming
- Preheat a pan or grill at high heat, add a bit of oil with a paper towel, and cook both sides until golden brown. Add extra oil when flipping. Cook for about 15 min, keep an eye and adjust the heat
- For extra crispiness, bake at 180ºC for 15min.
* All ingredients are Gluten Free
** Produced in a premise that handles nuts, peanuts, seeds, soya, mustard, and gluten.
*** Store the mix in a cool, dry place. Once cooked, store in the fridge and consume within 4 days or freeze it. For re-heating use a toaster or frying pan.
Keep in a cool, dry and clean place
|Servings: 10 cornbread arepas|
|Amount Per Serving (1 arepa)|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 3 g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 0 g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 221 mg||9 %|
|Potassium 185 mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 30 g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||5 %|
|Sugars 1 g|
|Protein 4 g||9 %|
|Vitamin A||2 %|
|Vitamin C||3 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.|